Monday, July 23, 2007

Mullet Lake



Wow! Whoever said vacations were easy has not taken a trip with us. I drove 4 hours by myself with 4 kids. Luckily they slept most of the way but I arrived at the cottage with a terrible migraine and couldn't even unpack my own truck! On our third day Mallory decided to take a dip off the deck and split her lip wide open. We rushed her to the local hospital only to have them send us 45 minutes away to the hospital in Petoskey so a plastic surgeon could sew her lip. Let's just say the stitches were not well received. She bit the doctor at one point and the nurse holding her head still complimented me on what a strong daughter I have. Besides that little mishap we did a lot of swimming, playing on the beach, and the kids discovered fishing with Grandpa. Each one had their turn (except Mallory although I'm sure she wouldn't have hesitated). We took one day to hike in Taquamenon Falls. It was great to see the kids reaction to the waterfall. Although it wasn't as spectacular due to lack of rain it was very low.

0 comments: