Thursday, December 11, 2008

Saying Good-Bye

I have finally reached a point in my life where I need to say thank-you to a dear, dear friend. It's always a hard thing to do when it's someone you've depended on for so long, someone who's gotten you through many tough times, minor emergencies, night duty, etc. I'm writing today to say good-bye and good luck to my companion of the past 6 1/2 years, The Diaper. We've traveled quite a road together, spent a lot of time together and bonded well over the years. But I've managed to grow out of the need now. Yes, my children are all FINALLY potty trained. Even though this moment is bittersweet, I am rejoicing on the inside. I am happy to have no more soggy diapers around my house, no more smelly children sneaking up on me after they've deposited their "gift" into the diaper. Now I enter a new phase of my life; wiping little butts as they deposit their "gift" into the toilet. The need for me never seems to cease. Enjoy the pictures of my latest "big girl"!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

I am just a little jealous!