Thursday, August 9, 2007

Grand Haven



Every August my grandparents stay at a cottage on Lake Michigan that has been in my grandma's family for years. This past Monday I packed up the kids and headed out for a short visit. We stayed for two great nights. It was awesome to watch my kids interact with my grandparents, their great-grandparents. I'm not sure how many people can say they remember their great-grandparents so I'm trying to make sure that my kids can. I took lots of pictures of them together. We went for ice-cream, got a visit to the candy store (Fortino's in downtown Grand Haven), went to Chinook Pier and saw the charter boats come in with their catch of the day, and even had the excitement of cutting down a tree that fell over the driveway. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the time there and keep asking when we are headed back. I guess that's the best outcome I could hope for.

The kids are enjoying their ice cream.


Hanging out on the channel watching the boats pass by.


Rolling "Hearts" with Great-Grandma




0 comments: