Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Why do I bother????

Why do I do this to myself?! I always seem to think that whenever I take my kids out to run errands they'll behave. Have I not learned my lesson? Obviously not. Today was one of those days. I thought I would quick return a few things while Maddy was in school. Only none of the places I needed opened until 10am. So...to pass the time we wandered around Target. My kids gathered plenty of attention as they pushed the cart down the aisles with Mallory hanging out the back. She was screaming at the top of her lungs, "I wanna ride! I wanna ride!" So after that store I decided to head to the mall. As if that would go any better. I seem to think that if I tell them they have to behave they will. But they don't. We went into Kohl's and of course Loryn has to pee. So off we troup to the bathroom where Loryn and Logyn argue over who's going to flush the toliet. Meanwhile Mallory wants to get out of the stroller to join in the debate too. Then it's time to wash hands and Logyn runs down the entire counter and turns on every sink. We finally got out of the bathroom and returned our items. Next stop, Old Navy. I had stuff to return there as well. The cashier was sure to assure me that I am a saint for handling my children. Is she crazy!? Didn't she hear Mallory screaming to get out. I mean, she was SCREAMING! Logyn and Loryn are throwing the balls around that are in the bins by the check-out area while I'm trying to bribe Mallory to shut her mouth with some fruit snacks. Once we were done in there they have the audacity to ask if we can play on the playground. Are they nuts?! By then Loryn has to go to the bathroom again so off we head to Kohl's. Once we all got to watch her go number 2 we finally packed up and left. And then I thought I'd add insult to injury and drag them into Costco. They promised to stay by me...

2 comments:

Triplet Mom said...

Don't tell me these stories! I like to stay blissfully ignorant!

Stacy said...

For your sake I hope you can!