Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stealing Cinderella

I heard a song today called "Stealing Cinderella". I must admit that it really got to me. I was driving down the road after dropping off my kids at my mom's because I "couldn't stand them any longer". The song is about a man asking for his girlfriend's hand in marriage. It goes on to tell how the father lets him sit for a while in their living room looking at pictures of the daughter dressed up as Cinderella, running through a sprinkler, riding her first bike, having pillow fights, etc. And it mentions that he is seen as just a "fella stealing Cinderella". It really got to me and I immediately thought of my girls. My mother instinct kicked into overdrive and I vowed to myself then and there that no man is going to marry my daughters without being totally, utterly, and hopelessly in love with them. I want the guys to know about every little thing that my girls did. The way that they laughed as a child, the naughty things they did. I want someone that is amazed at the person that they will have become. I guess I want my girls to really have the fairytale. I know I'm talking about things that are very far off in my future but being a parent I can't imagine what my parents thought when I started dating Jason seriously. If you haven't heard the song take a peak at the video attached.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HtOy8R01fTA

2 comments:

Triplet Mom said...

Just remember, it's not always a fairytale! Real love lasts when it's NOT a fairytale.

Stacy said...

So true! I guess I mostly hope for romance.