Friday, June 20, 2008

Tooth Envy



Logyn is trying to loose his teeth before Maddy. Two days ago he came into the house just bawling like crazy with Mallory trailing behind. They apparently bumped heads somehow. I saw blood dripping from his mouth and just assumed it was his lip. I told him he'd be alright and to just sit down because I was getting supper ready. Two minutes later he let out a huge scream followed by, "My tooth is loose!". Sure enough, I could put my finger on it and wiggle it. I panicked! He's only 4 years old I thought. He can't walk around with a huge gap in his mouth for the next two years! So I called the dentist and he said that the ligament probably tore and that's where the blood was coming from. He said rarely does the root of the tooth fracture. He said he could look at it the next day. Yesterday afternoon I took him in for an x-ray and wouldn't you know it...the root of his tooth is fractured! What does that mean? Well, nothing really. It will hopefully "fuse" itself back together but only time will tell. As long as it doesn't get infected his permanent teeth shouldn't be affected. Just another day at our house I guess.

0 comments: