Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Here It Is

Well, here is the post. We have been at Mullet Lake. Those of you that know us well probably figured that out already. And now it's time to share the experience. We had a great trip this year. The weather was cool but it was nice. Not as many sunny days but still enough to get the kids out in the water. I learned a lot about my kids this trip too. Here's what I learned:
1. Logyn really does like to swim even though he pretends he doesn't. I couldn't keep him OUT of the water.
2. Kids are resilient. Even though the temperature was only 70 degrees they still swam. Their lips were blue and they were shivering but they still swam.
3. Diarrhea can last a LONG time. Mallory had it from the time we arrived until the day we left. I'm still not sure if it's better.
4. Kids really have no concept of money. I emptied out all their piggy banks and told them they could purchase whatever they like with their money. Little did they comprehend how much money they actually had.
5. My parents are awesome! They allow us to come on this vacation for free and they never stop taking care of our kids the whole time we're there. My mother is dishing out breakfast if I didn't get out of bed on time or they're putting my kids down for naps so I can sit in the sun. How blessed I am.
6. Coming back from vacation sucks! I drove 4 hours home with all 4 kids and never stopped. I couldn't bear the thought of unloading them all and then re-loading when they kept asking me how much further we had to go.
I couldn't resist this picture. I love how Mallory is "looking up to" her sisters.
And this one is great too. Don't they look like they could start synchronize swimming? I can picture them each just tipping off the dock and into the water.

And I can't forget Logyn. Here's video of him jumping off the dock. He would not stop jumping, then climbing the ladder, then jumping off again. In some of the pictures in the montage you can see how he's trying to do a cannonball. Sorry that it's not rotated. I couldn't get it to save on my computer.

And here is the montage. Sorry for the long, extended post. And whether you believe it or not I didn't fit it all in. There's one more post I'll do tomorrow.

1 comments:

Triplet Mom said...

Those pictures of your girls on the dock are awesome! I am going to have to try that. Of course it will never work. My girls never stand in one spot for more than 2 seconds. I blame their father : )

Oh, and we will be at Silver L. Aug. 8-16. If you're up there, look for us by the dunes!