Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Pacifier Fairy

As many of you know, Mallory is three years old and still takes a pipe. Now mind you, she didn't start taking a pipe until about this time last year when we were through with all her surgeries. We've tried the whole "it stays in your bed" thing or the "only at bedtime" thing and it doesn't seem to matter. Somehow we (I should probably say more along the lines of me) always let it slide. But, thanks to Super Nanny I've convinced her to give up her pipes once and for all. We are sending them to the Pacifier Fairy so she can deliver them to new babies who need a pipe. I told her that some of her pipes came from the Paci Fairy when she was in the hospital.

This was the first step. Decorating the envelope that would hold all her pipes.

Next we had to put the pipes in the envelope. She had about 6 I think.

This is her proudly displaying her envelope. We are on our way to the mailbox at this point. Yeah!

And finally, placing the envelope in the mailbox. Mission complete.

Of course the results of this "idea" are yet to be seen. Stay tuned....

5 comments:

Kim said...

Good idea, I think I will have to try this at some point. Dylan used to run around with a pipe all the time, now he just takes about 3 of them to bed with him at night...it's really annoying when he wakes up at 5am b/c he can't find any of the 3 pipes.

Anonymous said...

Is there such a thing as a "dee" fairy??? ;-)

Wally World said...

How cute! I'm sure the whole pacifier issue is not...but the idea and pictures are very cute! I hope it works.

Tina said...

Maddy said she did really good with it last night, "She didn't even put up a fuss." Sounds like a mom thing to say.

Stacy said...

Yeah, she's such a little "mom". Of course it's when she wants to be.