Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Long Week So Far

The drama in our life just never ends! It's nothing tragic mind you, just annoying. On Monday the kids started school again. I'm forced to give up my relaxing, lazy mornings for absolute craziness. Tuesday our washing machine pukes on us and I'm left to hand wring out a full load of clothes. We have an "accident" during the night as well so the need of a washing machine is very important. Wednesday is terrible. Logyn and Loryn started school today and I got to be the really cool Mom with the kid screaming his head off and yelling "I don't want to go to school!" After leaving him in the van he finally comes streaking across the parking lot (and doesn't watch for cars). I lead Loryn into school, show her where her backpack goes, get her settled in her chair all while Logyn is wailing at the top of his lungs. I felt terrible for Loryn because I couldn't celebrate with her this HUGE step in her life. After trying to calmly talk to Logyn, his teacher came over to help out and I managed to escape. I make my escape only to come out and find my van dead. Nothing. It won't turn over, it won't start. So there I sit. Luckily my girlfriend is still at school and I hitch a ride to my parents house. Oh what will tomorrow bring?



0 comments: