Thursday, January 24, 2008

How Will We Go To The Bathroom?

Today on my drive back from school Maddy and her car pool buddy were discussing their upcoming musical 'Get Hoppin'. I had just picked up Maddy's bunny ears and tail that she has to wear for her costume and the girls were commenting on how to attach the tail. Here is their conversation:

Maddy: "How do we get the tail to stay on?"

Elli: "You just pin it on."

M: "Did teacher tell you what we're supposed to do when we have to go to the bathroom?"

E: "No."

This is where I question them, "What do you mean, "what you have to do when you go to the bathroom?""

M: "Well, how do we go to the bathroom with our tail on?"

E: "Yeah, how do we take it off?"

At this point I realized that the girls thought you pinned the tail to your actual body and in that case you wouldn't be able to pull your pants down when you had to go potty. As I figured this out Maddy started doing the potty dance in her seat and said, "Maybe we'll have to just hold it real long."

I left them to their own imaginations on how to go potty. I didn't feel like explaining that they'll be able to pull their pants down and their tail will still be attached to their pants, not their bodies.

0 comments: