Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Peace and Quiet




We were hit by another snow storm during the night and it cancelled school for the day. It was quite a doozy because colleges, places of employment, and schools were closed. So I got the day home with all 4 of the kids. Not that I'm complaining but I was looking forward to Maddy being in school for a full day today since she only started that schedule this week. Needless to say we had to find things to occupy ourselves since I was NOT going to drive anywhere! After tearing the basement apart, getting dressed finally around 11am, and then deciding to bake cookies to pass the time, my favorite time of day came around. Nap time! It was time for MY peace and quiet.

5 comments:

Tina said...

I give you props for getting close enough to take a picture. I don't even dare go upstairs when they are napping, for fear of stubbing my toe and waking them. That time is too precious.

Stacy said...

It's easy to take their pictures when they're sleeping on my bed. For some reason they like that better than their own.

Anonymous said...

Loryn sleeps?! I never knew... oh wait, wasn't that her who kept knocking me in the head with her sippy cup at the cottage that one year?

Anonymous said...

Hi Stace - it's Em. I wanted to let you know that I visit your blog often and love to see your kids growing up and also to stay queued in to what's going on with you.
Sounds like you are all doing well.
Em

Triplet Mom said...

Snow Days - Christmas for teachers, rotten for parents!