Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Loryn and Logyn!

I will never forget the day I found out I was having twins. It will forever be imprinted on my mind and the many days that followed as we told people our news. But what comes after those days will be a treasure in my heart. I never knew such love existed until I had Maddy and then to realize that my love could be shared between two babies was hard to imagine.

But the fateful night came on March 27. I had begged Jason to take me out for dinner and we did so even though I was not technically off bedrest. As we sat in 44th Street Bistro enjoying our salads I was trying to ignore the contractions that were growing closer together. I was out for a night of freedom, not to give birth. But as I gripped the table and my knuckles turned white Jason finally figured it out. I let him eat his dinner (albeit very fast) and I boxed mine up. We headed out and called the doctor. "Come on in" they said. We arrived at the hospital at 8 pm to discover I was dilated to a 5. They told me there was no way I was going home since my contractions were less than 2 minutes apart. By 10:01 pm Loryn was born. And as I watched her get cleaned up and held her momentarily, Logyn was born at 10:19 pm. And there I had it, two babies who were being whisked away from me. And the saga continues...

What an amazing God we serve when I look back on those days. The pictures cannot even begin to show just how tiny and delicate they were. But they were strong too. 14 days later they came home to live with us and our live grew busier from then on.

And here they are now, 4 years old. Take a look back with me.

3 comments:

Triplet Mom said...

What a story. I never knew the details. How many weeks pregnant were you when you had the twins?

I often feel like we live a surreal life, you know? It all started when they started labeling A, B, C at the ultrasound.

Happy B-Day Loryn & Logyn!

Stacy said...

I was one day shy of 34 weeks when I delivered them. Crazy!

My life often does not seem like my own but like I was here to be a servant to my kids. So many needs and wants and my desire to meet them all makes for a chaotic life.

Triplet Mom said...

Ooo - neat new background!