Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ode To Mother Nature

Oh Mother Nature what a wonder you create.
The beauty outside is incredibly great.
The snow on the ground and the chill in the air
Keeps my kids home from school and it just isn't fair!

The wintery white blanket that covers my lawn,
I really wish that it would be gone.
I am sick of the snow. I can't take anymore.
I don't want to take all my kids to the store.

We've been cooped up inside with the kids for days.
We've had to occupy ourselves in all sorts of ways.
But I am sick of the boredom, the mess, and the tears.
I can't believe I have to do this for 18 more years!

We've gone to McDonald's and to the mall.
They've played on the toys until my skin started to crawl.
We've baked cookies, watched movies, and played games.
But all that does is make them call each other names.

So please melt the snow and make it go away.
My kids want to go outside and play.
It takes too long to get them all dressed.
And once they're outside all they do is get stressed.

My mitten fell off! My feet are cold!
They just complain and it gets really old.
So from this mother that stays home each day
Please, please make the snow go away!

1 comments:

The Schreurs said...

I am impressed by your poem. That is good.